Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Almost There

Greetings from Syracuse, New York. Got in yesterday in time to go see a Syracuse Skychiefs game (AAA baseball). Really nice ballpark for such a small team. I love going to different sporting events in different parts of the country. I think I end up watching the fans more than the game. What do they cheer at? How do they watch the game? No dancing grounds crew here. I'm afraid that's a Seattle phenomenon. Just a good AAA game, complete with corny contests between innings.

On to Boston today. Sheez. Cool thing is I feel a little like Red at the end of Shawshank Redemption. Part nervous, part anxious, but almost giddy with excitement. Ok, ok, I'm not being melodramatic here, but I feel like I've spent most of the past 6 months dreading this moment. What a bunch of crap. I feel like kicking myself for cowering at the thought of today. Live and learn.

See you in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment