Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's a Gurul...

Jack & Ed sat very patiently this morning for about 25 minutes while the ultrasound technician took all the necessary measurements. At the end, she predicted (80% chance) that our second child would be a girl.

Since we've been home, I keep asking Jack to remind me whether the baby is a boy or a girl, mostly because he is still trying to work out his Rs. When he says thirty, it sounds like forty; when he says forty, it sounds like thirty. When he says "girl" it sounds like "Gurul"- it's the most extreme version of his speech impediment. I'm equally worried that he's going to need speech therapy and fully entertained. It takes all I have not to laugh.

Ed's on spring break next week and I'm on spring break the following, so we're hoping to find time to feel excited about our daughter. Of course, my spring break will find Ed watching Jack while he prepares for spring quarter and my spring break will be all about watching Jack while I get ready for my spring quarter. During these times, I work hard to be thankful for the flexibility of our jobs and a relatively small March daycare bill.

But, yay- it's (probably) a girl...

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it keeps the one-of-each cycle going, like the cats. Any names or due dates?

    ReplyDelete