Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Don't Worry.. Be Happy

BBC News is broadcasting a show about the Happiness Formula. Apparently, you take 1 part loving what you do, 2 parts having meaning in life and a dash of patience for finding the first two ingredients.

I really wish that I could just walk up to a vending maching and put in my $5 and have it produce my ticket to happiness. That would be so much easier. But, as I'm s-l-o-w-l-y learning, genuine happiness requires genuine work and commitment. Which is so frustrating, because as a kid, happiness came so easy - like that damn feather that floats around Forrest Gump at the end of the wretched movie. I just had to wake up, play, and the happiness would land on me like money landed on Mr. Gump. Turns out adult enlightenment comes when we diligently hunt for the light.

Is There A Happiness Formula?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:59 PM

    Happiness formula - work so hard that you don't have time to have self thot -at the end of 8 hours you can really appreciate your freedom =Happiness? OR comparative value - after going to see Mission Impossible 3, the scenes with China's poverty section made me think my problems are trite and how lucky I am to be where I am. Funny how that was the part of the movie that really stuck in my brain (the movie really was ok)- I had to come home get on the net to learn more about China. Isn't happiness relative?

    ReplyDelete