Monday, March 27, 2006

My car climbed Mt. Washington

Ok, not really. This is a bumper sticker I've seen around town lately. I'm not really a bumper-sticker kind-of-person. Frankly, given that that sticker will stay on your car for almost eternity, I'm not sure I'd know what bumper-sticker to choose.

I mean, a sticker on the bumper of your car says a lot about you - the person driving the car. It defines you. For that brief moment that people drive behind and then, past you, that sticker is the sum of all information about they know about you. If you think about it, that's just too much pressure. I'd rather remain somewhat mysterious.

Maybe I'm just not passionate enough about a topic/issue/cause/vacation to feel the need to remind those driving behind me that yes, I think globally, but act locally. What happens when your cause loses? Do the 1 in 2 drivers in the Northwest cuss out loud everytime they walk up behind their car and see that "Kerry/Edwards" sticker on their bumper?

Which brings me back to - "My car climbed Mt. Washington". I'm sure that was a great trip and all, but was it that sweet, that you'd want yourself - and others - to be reminded of the time you drove, not climbed, not walked, mind you, but drove up Mount Washington?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    But what if you have a Wildcat in the trunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    I saw a comedian once who said something like, "I love people who put bumper stickers on their cars. It's like a little message from them to me saying, 'Hey, let's never hang out.'" Awesome!

    ReplyDelete